Call for Papers
IEEE JSTSP Special Issue on
Domain Enriched Learning for Medical Imaging
In recent years, learning based methods have emerged to complement traditional model and feature based methods for a variety of medical imaging problems such as image formation, classification and segmentation, quality enhancement etc. In the case of deep neural networks, many solutions have achieved unprecedented performance gains and have defined a new state of the art. Despite the progress, compelling open challenges remain. One such key challenge is that many learning frameworks (notably deep learning) are purely data-driven approaches and their performance depends strongly on the quantity and quality of training image data available. When training is limited or noisy, the performance drops sharply. Deep neural networks based approaches additionally face the challenge of often not being straightforward to interpret. Fortunately, exciting recent progress has emerged in enriching learning frameworks with domain knowledge and signal structure. As a couple of representative examples: in image reconstruction problems, this may involve using statistical/structural image priors; for image segmentation, shape and anatomical knowledge (conveyed by an expert) may be leveraged, etc. This special issue invites original new contributions that combine signal, image priors and other flavors of domain knowledge with machine learning methods for solving medical imaging problems.
Topics of interest in this special issue include (but are not limited to):
- Fundamental innovations in combining model based and learning based methods.
- Sparse representation and dictionary learning based methods for medical image processing and understanding.
- Domain enriched and regularized deep learning via special network architectures and systematic integration of problem specific insights.
- Interpretable deep networks for medical imaging via techniques such as algorithm unrolling.
- Algorithmic methods that gracefully degrade with amount of training image data available and enable robustness against selection bias.
- Example applications include image reconstruction and formation, medical image classification and segmentation, image understanding, boundary and shape analysis, registration, quality enhancement etc. The scope encompasses all medical imaging modalities including but not limited to MRI, X-Ray, CT, PET, ultrasound, photoacoustic imaging, various forms of microscopy, multispectral imaging, new and emerging imaging techniques and modalities.
Prospective authors should follow the instructions given on the IEEE JSTSP webpages and submit their manuscript to the web submission system.
- Manuscript Submission Due: December 1, 2019
- First review: February 1, 2020
- Revised manuscript due: April 1, 2020
- Second Review: June 1, 2020
- Final Manuscripts: July 15, 2020
|번호 ||제목 ||글쓴이 ||날짜 ||조회 수 |
[CFP] IEEE SPS Magazine Special Issue on Deep Learning for Visual Understanding
||GreatMind ||2016.11.16 ||9960 |
[CFP] VISUAL 2018 || June 24 - 28, 2018 - Venice, Italy
||GreatMind ||2018.02.19 ||2564 |
[Journal Issue] Pattern Recognition: Alert 14 July-21 July
||GreatMind ||2018.07.22 ||2436 |
[CFP] IEEE 2017 ICCE
||GreatMind ||2016.04.08 ||952 |
[CFP] IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology - Special Issue on Large Scale and Nonlinear Similarity Learning for Intelligent Video Analysis
||GreatMind ||2016.10.29 ||516 |
[Journal Issue] Pattern Recognition: Alert 28 August-3 September
||GreatMind ||2016.09.04 ||493 |
[CFP] IEEE TBioCAS Special Issue on AI-based Biomedical Circuits and Systems Manuscripts now due 1 September 2019
||GreatMind ||2019.08.19 ||423 |
[Journal issue] Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 75, Issue 11
||GreatMind ||2016.07.04 ||379 |
[CFP] IEEE TFS Call for Papers (Deep Fuzzy Models)
||GreatMind ||2018.06.21 ||357 |
[CFP] IEEE ISCAS 2018 In Florence, Italy.
||GreatMind ||2017.07.28 ||319 |
[CFP] JETCAS Call for Papers - Immersive Video Coding and Transmission
||GreatMind ||2018.03.02 ||309 |
[CFP] 방송공학회논문지 24권 3호 '인공지능 기반의 미디어 처리 및 방송 기술' 논문모집안내 (2019년 5월 발간)
||GreatMind ||2019.02.18 ||306 |
[Journal Issue] ETRI Journal, Vol. 38, No. 4, Aug. 2016
||GreatMind ||2016.08.06 ||253 |
[Journal Issue] Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 76, Issue 12
||GreatMind ||2017.06.08 ||239 |
[CFP] IEEE TENCON 2019: Call for Papers and Proposals - Grand Hyatt Bolgatty, Kochi, Kerala, India
||GreatMind ||2019.02.20 ||238 |
[CFP] IEEE ICIP2019...!!!!
||GreatMind ||2018.12.24 ||228 |
[Journal issue] Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 75, Issue 12
||GreatMind ||2016.06.21 ||226 |
[News] 2016 Impact Factor for Journal of Real-Time Image Processing out now
||GreatMind ||2017.06.27 ||206 |
[CFP] Special Issue on Organic Electronics: A Circuits and Systems Perspective
||GreatMind ||2016.04.21 ||200 |
ETRI Journal, Vol. 38, No. 3, June 2016
||GreatMind ||2016.06.03 ||195 |