Call for Papers
IEEE JSTSP Special Issue on
Domain Enriched Learning for Medical Imaging
In recent years, learning based methods have emerged to complement traditional model and feature based methods for a variety of medical imaging problems such as image formation, classification and segmentation, quality enhancement etc. In the case of deep neural networks, many solutions have achieved unprecedented performance gains and have defined a new state of the art. Despite the progress, compelling open challenges remain. One such key challenge is that many learning frameworks (notably deep learning) are purely data-driven approaches and their performance depends strongly on the quantity and quality of training image data available. When training is limited or noisy, the performance drops sharply. Deep neural networks based approaches additionally face the challenge of often not being straightforward to interpret. Fortunately, exciting recent progress has emerged in enriching learning frameworks with domain knowledge and signal structure. As a couple of representative examples: in image reconstruction problems, this may involve using statistical/structural image priors; for image segmentation, shape and anatomical knowledge (conveyed by an expert) may be leveraged, etc. This special issue invites original new contributions that combine signal, image priors and other flavors of domain knowledge with machine learning methods for solving medical imaging problems.
Topics of interest in this special issue include (but are not limited to):
- Fundamental innovations in combining model based and learning based methods.
- Sparse representation and dictionary learning based methods for medical image processing and understanding.
- Domain enriched and regularized deep learning via special network architectures and systematic integration of problem specific insights.
- Interpretable deep networks for medical imaging via techniques such as algorithm unrolling.
- Algorithmic methods that gracefully degrade with amount of training image data available and enable robustness against selection bias.
- Example applications include image reconstruction and formation, medical image classification and segmentation, image understanding, boundary and shape analysis, registration, quality enhancement etc. The scope encompasses all medical imaging modalities including but not limited to MRI, X-Ray, CT, PET, ultrasound, photoacoustic imaging, various forms of microscopy, multispectral imaging, new and emerging imaging techniques and modalities.
Prospective authors should follow the instructions given on the IEEE JSTSP webpages and submit their manuscript to the web submission system.
- Manuscript Submission Due: December 1, 2019
- First review: February 1, 2020
- Revised manuscript due: April 1, 2020
- Second Review: June 1, 2020
- Final Manuscripts: July 15, 2020
|번호 ||제목 ||글쓴이 ||날짜 ||조회 수 |
CES 2016 kicks off: Drones, smart homes, connected cars, VR and more !!!
||관리자 ||2016.03.31 ||130 |
AR games come to Google's Project Tango ..!!!!
||관리자 ||2016.03.31 ||139 |
Flexible smartphones may be coming sooner than you think
||관리자 ||2016.03.31 ||233 |
[CFP] The 20th Int'l Conf. on Image Processing, Computer Vision, & Pattern Recognition (IPCV'16)
||BGKim ||2016.04.07 ||70 |
[CFP] IEEE 2017 ICCE
||GreatMind ||2016.04.08 ||983 |
[CFP] ISCE 2016
||GreatMind ||2016.04.09 ||66 |
[Journal Issue] ETRI Journal, Vol. 38, No. 2, Apr.
||GreatMind ||2016.04.09 ||130 |
[CFP] Int'l Conference on Software Engineering Research & Practice (SERP'16: July 25-28, 2016, Las Vegas, USA)
||GreatMind ||2016.04.09 ||199 |
[CFP] APSIPA 2016
||GreatMind ||2016.04.11 ||78 |
[Project fund] 공공기술기반 시장연계 창업탐색 지원사업 재공고 안내
||GreatMind ||2016.04.12 ||43 |
[CFP} SigTelCom 2017
||GreatMind ||2016.04.14 ||87 |
||GreatMind ||2016.04.14 ||64 |
[Journal Issue] Pattern Recognition: Alert 6 April-12 April
||GreatMind ||2016.04.14 ||83 |
[CFP] IEEE SPS Conference Call for Paper Digest
||GreatMind ||2016.04.18 ||111 |
[CFP] GHTC 2016
||GreatMind ||2016.04.20 ||68 |
[CFP] Special Issue on Organic Electronics: A Circuits and Systems Perspective
||GreatMind ||2016.04.21 ||210 |
[CFP] IEEE ISGT Asia 2016, Melbourne, Australia
||GreatMind ||2016.04.21 ||115 |
[CFP] World Congress in CS, CE, & Applied Computing (July 25-28, 2016, Las Vegas, USA)
||GreatMind ||2016.04.21 ||92 |
[CFP] IEEE DataCom 2016 - Submission Deadline: April 30, 2016 (Firm)
||GreatMind ||2016.04.21 ||44 |
[Journal issue] Pattern Recognition Letters: Alert 15 April-21 April
||GreatMind ||2016.04.22 ||47 |