Call for Papers
IEEE JSTSP Special Issue on
Deep Learning for Image/Video
Restoration and Compression
The huge success of deep-learning-based approaches in computer vision inspired research in learned solutions to classic image/video processing problems, such as denoising, deblurring, super-resolution, and compression. Hence, learning based methods have emerged as a promising nonlinear signal processing framework for image/video restoration and compression. Recent works have shown that learned models can achieve significant performance gains over traditional methods. Hence, the state of the art in image restoration and compression is getting redefined. Yet, compelling research challenges still remain to be addressed. These include: i) learned models contain millions of parameters, which makes real-time inference on common devices a challenge, ii) it is difficult to interpret learned models or to provide performance bounds on results, iii) it is important to provide a loss function, for training, that accurately reflects human perception of quality, and iv) the performance of learned models trained on synthetically generated data drops sharply on real-world images/video, where the quantity and quality of training data is limited. This special issue invites original contributions in innovative architectures and training methods for effective and efficient networks for image/video restoration and compression to address these and other challenges.
Topics of interest in this special issue include (but are not limited to):
- New architectures for image and video restoration, including super-resolution, denoising, deblurring, dehazing, and inpainting.
- Novel learned methods for motion compensation and image/video compression.
- Computationally efficient networks for image/video restoration and compression.
- Explainable deep learning for image/video restoration and compression.
- Training with novel loss functions that accurately reflects human perception of quality.
- Robust methods on real-world image/video, where the training data is noisy and/or available training data is limited.
Prospective authors should follow the instructions given on the IEEE JSTSP webpages and submit their manuscript to the web submission system.
- Manuscript Submission: May 1, 2020
- First Review Completed: July 15, 2020
- Revised Manuscript due: September 1, 2020
- Second Review completed: November 1, 2020
- Final Manuscript due: December 1, 2020
- Publication: February 2021
- A. Murat Tekalp (Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey, email@example.com), Lead GE
- Michele Covell (Google Research, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Radu Timofte (ETH Zurich, Switzerland, Radu.Timofte@vision.ee.ethz.ch)
- Chao Dong (Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology, China, email@example.com)
|번호 ||제목 ||글쓴이 ||날짜 ||조회 수 |
[CFP] IEEE SPS Magazine Special Issue on Deep Learning for Visual Understanding
||GreatMind ||2016.11.16 ||9961 |
[CFP] VISUAL 2018 || June 24 - 28, 2018 - Venice, Italy
||GreatMind ||2018.02.19 ||2564 |
[Journal Issue] Pattern Recognition: Alert 14 July-21 July
||GreatMind ||2018.07.22 ||2436 |
[CFP] IEEE 2017 ICCE
||GreatMind ||2016.04.08 ||952 |
[CFP] IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology - Special Issue on Large Scale and Nonlinear Similarity Learning for Intelligent Video Analysis
||GreatMind ||2016.10.29 ||516 |
[Journal Issue] Pattern Recognition: Alert 28 August-3 September
||GreatMind ||2016.09.04 ||493 |
[CFP] IEEE TBioCAS Special Issue on AI-based Biomedical Circuits and Systems Manuscripts now due 1 September 2019
||GreatMind ||2019.08.19 ||423 |
[Journal issue] Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 75, Issue 11
||GreatMind ||2016.07.04 ||379 |
[CFP] IEEE TFS Call for Papers (Deep Fuzzy Models)
||GreatMind ||2018.06.21 ||357 |
[CFP] IEEE ISCAS 2018 In Florence, Italy.
||GreatMind ||2017.07.28 ||319 |
[CFP] JETCAS Call for Papers - Immersive Video Coding and Transmission
||GreatMind ||2018.03.02 ||309 |
[CFP] 방송공학회논문지 24권 3호 '인공지능 기반의 미디어 처리 및 방송 기술' 논문모집안내 (2019년 5월 발간)
||GreatMind ||2019.02.18 ||306 |
[Journal Issue] ETRI Journal, Vol. 38, No. 4, Aug. 2016
||GreatMind ||2016.08.06 ||253 |
[Journal Issue] Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 76, Issue 12
||GreatMind ||2017.06.08 ||239 |
[CFP] IEEE TENCON 2019: Call for Papers and Proposals - Grand Hyatt Bolgatty, Kochi, Kerala, India
||GreatMind ||2019.02.20 ||238 |
[CFP] IEEE ICIP2019...!!!!
||GreatMind ||2018.12.24 ||228 |
[Journal issue] Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol. 75, Issue 12
||GreatMind ||2016.06.21 ||226 |
[News] 2016 Impact Factor for Journal of Real-Time Image Processing out now
||GreatMind ||2017.06.27 ||206 |
[CFP] Special Issue on Organic Electronics: A Circuits and Systems Perspective
||GreatMind ||2016.04.21 ||200 |
ETRI Journal, Vol. 38, No. 3, June 2016
||GreatMind ||2016.06.03 ||195 |