The IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME) has been the flagship multimedia conference sponsored by four IEEE societies since 2000. It aims at promoting the exchange of the latest advances in multimedia technologies, systems, and applications from both the research and development perspectives. ICME attracts well over 1000 submissions each year, serving as the prime forum for the dissemination of knowledge in the multimedia field.
ICME 2020 will take place 6-10 July 2020, London, UK. ICME 2020 will convene leading researchers and practitioners to share the latest developments and advances in the discipline. The conference will showcase high quality oral and poster presentations, as well as relevant workshops sponsored by IEEE societies. An exposition of multimedia products, animations and industries will be also held in conjunction with the conference. Additionally, ICME 2020 exceptional papers and contributors will be selected and recognized with prestigious awards.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial intelligence for multimedia
- Multimedia and vision
- Development of multimedia standards and related research
- Media quality metrics and enhancements
- Multimedia communications, networking and mobility
- 3D multimedia and AR/VR
- Multimedia security, privacy, and forensics
- Multimedia software, hardware and application systems
- Multimedia and language
- Multimedia analytics, search and recommendation
- Social and cloud-based multimedia
- Media classification and segmentation
Submission of papers:
- Regular paper submission (including special sessions): EXTENDED to 13 December 2019
- Submission of papers to workshops and other tracks: 13 March 2020
Submission of proposals:
- Hands-on demo proposals: 01 May 2020
Conference and Journal Papers
All papers presented at ICME 2020 will be included in IEEE Xplore.
The IEEE Transactions on Multimedia is partnering with IEEE ICME. Extended versions of the top-ranked ICME 2020 papers will be invited for submission and potential publication in the IEEE Transactions on Multimedia. We invite authors to submit high-quality contributions aiming at taking part in this call with the opportunity to publish an extended ICME paper in this prestigious journal. If your paper is highly ranked after the review process the Technical Program Committee Chairs will get in touch with you regarding the next steps.