CALL FOR PROPOSAL
IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME)
2019, 2020, and 2021
The IEEE Circuits and Systems Society
The IEEE Communications Society
The IEEE Computer Society
The IEEE Signal Processing Society
This Call for Proposal is distributed on behalf of the Steering Committee for the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) to be held in summer of 2019, 2020 and 2021. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME) has been the flagship multimedia conference sponsored by four IEEE societies since 2000. It serves as a forum to promote the exchange of the latest advances in multimedia technologies, systems, and applications from both the research and development perspectives of the circuits and systems, communications, computer, and signal processing communities. An Exposition of multimedia products, animations and industries will be held in conjunction with the conference. ICME 2019, 2020 and 2021 will be the 28th, 29th and 30th meeting in this series.
The conference organizing team is advised to incorporate into their proposal the following items.
- Proposed Dates (approximately mid-year of 2019 or 2020 or 2021, preferable July)
- Organizing Committee Members
- Names for all key positions
- Biographical information for General Chair(s), Technical Program Chairs, Treasurer/Finance Chair, Workshop Chairs, Industry Chairs, Panel Chairs, Tutorial Chairs, and Special Session Chairs
- Membership in the Signal Processing Society: Multimedia Signal Processing Technical Committee, Circuits and Systems Society: Multimedia Systems and Applications Technical Committee, Communications Society: Multimedia Communications Technical Committee, and/or Computer Society: Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing
- Proposed budget. (For advice on building an IEEE budget please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Support that can be anticipated from the local government, universities and or corporations
- Why select this particular location?
- Airport and transportation information
- Customs and Visa regulations
- Hotel and convention center information (i.e. space diagrams, maps, etc.)
- Tourist destinations (i.e. museums, natural wonders, etc.)
- Average weather conditions for the time of year
- Are there any security concerns? If there is, what procedure will be taken by the OC team?
Submission of Proposal
Proposal for ICME 2019, 2020 or 2021 is currently being accepted. Before submitting a proposal please read the ICME Charter and Guidelines on the ICME website (http://www.ieee-icme.org). Also, please notify the Steering Committee of your intent to propose via an email to Steering Committee Chair Dr. Haohong Wang at email@example.com by March 1, 2017. The potential bidders are encouraged to work with a member of ICME steering committee to prepare their bid. If you are interested to solicit Steering Committee feedback for your proposal, please submit a draft proposal no later than March 15, 2017. Final proposals should be sent no later than April 15, 2017. Please send the proposal to Conference Services Staff, IEEE Signal Processing Society (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Haohong Wang (email@example.com). As there may be limit of email size, please put large file on a shared drive, e.g., Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
Proposals of interest to the Steering Committee will be asked to present at the Steering Committee meeting at ICME 2017 at Hong Kong. The accepted bid will be required to build an ICME 2019/2020/2021 website at consolidated ICME website within 6 months of proposal acceptance.